High growth international internet company has an opening for a TechSupport Professional. Some knowledge for L.A.M.P. and Windows Servers along with other technical support is preferred. The duties for this position includes but is not limited to maintenance, documentation, servicing, and general up keep of internal hardware and software, networking, client services, and more.
Major challenges include: maintaining and creation of documentation, organization and execution of several projects in a quick paced environment, organizing and prioritizing projects on the fly, identifying problems and providing concise solutions in a timely manner.
This position will be an apprentice to either the programming or hardware teams, depending on the individuals interests. This may include company sponsored schooling and conferences in the related fields.
This position will be the lead for servers supporting an international client chain and internal support systems.
This person will provide, but is not limited to:
- Simple troubleshooting and support for
- a series of L.A.M.P. servers.
- Exchange servers.
- Windows 2003 Altigen servers.
- Switch and Router settings.
- Backup Disks / Tapes.
- Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policies.
- Internal computers
- Documentation for all of the above.
Utilizing support ticket tracking, time reports for work and team evaluations this position will be evaluated on:
- All responsibilities listed above.
- Proof of problem solving skills.
- Ability to independently solve issues.
- Time taken to resolve issues.
- Attention to Detail.
- Time saving implementations.
Ideal Qualifications for position:
- Degree / certification in related field.
- 1-2 years experience with L.A.M.P. or Microsoft servers and software.
- One of the following certifications.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Zend Certified Engineer (ZCE)
Additional special skills required:
- Individual must be hands on and work well under pressure.
- Also must be a strong team player.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 60 pounds.