Senior Server Administrator
High growth international internet company has an opening for a Senior Server Administrator. Server support for Exchange, L.A.M.P., and Windows 2003 Altigen Servers along with other technical support is needed. These servers provide support to internal staff and a large number of clients, including membership web services, data mining services, and support services. The duties for this position includes but is not limited to maintenance, monitoring, servicing, backups, and general up keep of multiple data centers. There also may be support needed within the internal offices for high priority support issues including networking, client services, and more.
Major challenges include: maintaining and creation of documentation, organization and execution of several projects in a quick paced environment, organizing and prioritizing projects on the fly, identifying problems and providing concise solutions in a timely manner.
This position will be the lead for servers supporting an international client chain and internal support systems.
This person will provide, but is not limited to:
- All aspects for maintaining and updating
- a series of L.A.M.P. servers.
- Exchange servers.
- Windows 2003 Altigen servers.
- Switch and Router settings.
- Racks and Cabling.
- Monitoring Software / Scripts.
- Backup Disks / Tapes.
- Virus Protection.
- Documentation for servers and procedures.
- Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policies.
- Alert Systems for Server Maintenance and Monitoring.
- Backup Servers utilizing multiple methods.
- Tape Backups
- Networked backup solutions.
- Installation for Servers including OS and Applications.
- Third tier support for desktop, phone and networking.
- Troubleshooting server failure.
- Communication technology needs and visions with company officers and/or board members.
- Advise company on technology needs.
- Provide a vision for future technology needs.
- Manage additional server support staff and outsource effectively.
Utilizing support ticket tracking, time reports for work and server uptime, and monitoring logs this position will be evaluated on:
- All responsibilities listed above.
- Server Uptimes.
- Proof of problem solving skills.
- Ability to independently solve issues.
- Time taken to resolve issues.
- Attention to Detail.
- Time saving implementations.
Required Qualifications for position:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 3-6 years of experience in the field or in a related area required.
- Experience with Active Directory, L.A.M.P. & Exchange a must.
- One or more of the following certifications.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Windows 2003
- Exchange Small Business
- MySQL DBA (CMDBA) Certification
- Zend Certified Engineer (ZCE)
Additional special skills required:
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Individual must be hands on and work well under pressure.
- Also must be a strong team player.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to lift items weighing up to 60 pounds.